Butcher Demon Chapter 332

size :  

                                                                                           

G’zOpen

Butcher Demon Chapter 332 Gulp


prev   TOC   next





"I, Gevaudan, righteous butcher. Tiriel, tease, not forgive."



"That's the spirit, Gevaudan! Get rid of that filth bin from my sight now! The protection of Falshidar that I shared with you won't lose to such outdated power like magic eyes! You'll be fine! Probably! But break it as quickly as possible!"




"Protection of Falshidar...?"



Susu looked surprised as Tiriel pushed me forward.




I pulled both of them back and stepped forward. I'm going to earn Tiriel's favor.



"Smash."



Honestly, I didn't feel any danger being in Butcher's body, facing Mimics. It's just a gut feeling, but if it's Butcher against Mimics, wouldn't Butcher have the upper hand?



Gripping the Butcher Hammer, I faced the Mimic once again.



"Are you gonna, you fat fuck?"




"Ready, anytime."




"Letting that elf boss you around? What an ass-licking pussy, being under the control of a little girl's whims."



"Ass, like"



"No need to stoop to his level with insults. Without saying a word, I just lifted the Butcher Hammer."



Immediately, the lid of the Mimic opened slightly.



From within the abyssal darkness of the chest, emerges a human arm.



Holding a short dagger, the hand aimed straight for my throat. 



Already activating the Tainted Flesh, I had prepared for the surprise attack,  I caught the surprise attack at my throat and swung down the Butcher Hammer without hesitation.



With a loud noise, the chest shattered.



Several teeth rolled out from inside, and then, a smaller chest appeared.



A chest within a chest.



I was a bit surprised, and suddenly, the lid of the new chest opened. 




 This time, a wooden branch came out, and its tip was pointed at me.




Almost simultaneously, my entire body was enveloped in flames. It felt like being enchanted with magic. Hot.



——But, you know, having faced Arshella's breath, those flames couldn't do much to my body. Without a care, I hit with the second blow.




Crash! The chest shattered, revealing a new one along with the arm that had attacked me moments ago. The cross-section of the arm appeared grotesque, oozing fresh blood.




"You——! you freak!"




Through the cracked lid, eyes stared at me. 




A chill swept through my entire body.




As if every part of my body was shivering.




Ignoring that, I smashed the third chest. 




A part of a living thing rolled out with the broken pieces, and, again, a smaller chest remained.




Next came a throwing knife. It probably had poison because the wound stung a bit, but it didn't do anything to me. I smashed it. A bundle of flaxen hair came out of the chest, and, once again, a new chest.




The fourth chest had a scaled arm that tried to catch my hammer. The Mimic decided to defend this time. But, I kept pounding on it, the arm broke, and the chest shattered. The reward was the arm and a new chest.




 ——The mimic was stacking the chests like a matryoshka.



 Each time it was destroyed, as a reward, the organs that were stolen in the past were returned, and a new chest appeared.



"Stop it already!"



The chest fully opened, revealing the head of a girl.



The girl, teary-eyed, condemned my actions with a realistic performance, "Why would you do such a cruel thing?" But I didn't care. I smashed the girl's head without mercy. The voice still sounded orc-like. I didn't feel sorry for a bit.



Like this, I kept breaking the chests, showing parts of hidden human bodies.



Initially, the Mimic was so large that even an adult couldn't hold it, but now it had shrunk to the size of a makeup kit.



"How awful..."




Tiriel's painful voice reached me, and I stopped breaking the chests.




She took the flaxen hair that Mimic had spit out earlier, her shoulders shaking with anger.




"This is an elf's hair. That Mimic ate an elf too."




"Is, is that girl... still alive?"



Kyo pointed with horror.



In her gaze, the head of the girl I had just smashed was rolling, its mouth moving. Tears were coming out, and the light was "perpetually" fading away.



With pity, Faye touched the dying girl's head.



"Poor thing... I heard that the body taken by Mimic never decays permanently. When her head is assimilated, her consciousness remains forever, leading to this fate..."



"Gevaudan! The Mimic is escaping!"



Susu's warning echoed.



When I turned my gaze back, the Mimic was attempting to escape into the forest, running with dirty, hairy legs protruding from the chest, moving like a hermit crab—an unpleasant sight.



I extended my black tongue, entwined it around those legs, and dragged it back to its original position.



"Hey, wa—"



I crushed the chest.



Crushing chests, over and over again... How long would this continue?



"I, over several hundred years— Gagyuu!?"



He seemed about to say something, but I couldn't stop the hammer from swinging down.




"Why does my perfect body get completely crushed in a single blow... What's up with that mallet! Wait, I get it! let me talk, you'll understand! You... listen to meeeeeeeeeeeee—"




Then, the voice abruptly cut off.



Looking down, there was a piece of bubblegum-like organ on the ground. It was an orc's vocal cords. This meant the Mimic couldn't speak anymore. It finally got quiet.



The Mimic had shrunk to palm size. It hopped around like a miserable frog, trying to escape. None of the arrogance from before was left.



But it was a stupid box that made Tiriel cry. No mercy would be given.



"No, spare."



I raised Butcher Hammer.




From the inside, fear-filled eyes stared at me.




No new chest came out.




From the last broken chest, only one eyeball with a cracked pupil rolled around. Victory!




However, there was no excitement. It was just a wooden box after all. Far from the satisfaction of smashing a metal robot.



"Gevoooooodan! Yaaaay! Thank you!"



Tiriel jumped at me with a big smile. She was all happy, like a girl who just got a Christmas present. Undoubtedly, her favorability point for me had increased. How many more points until confession?



"Great job. I'm glad you're safe. But still..."




Susu looked around and sighed in disgust.




Due to my relentless assault on the chests, the area was lined with all the bloody human body parts that Mimic had been hoarding.




Heads, arms, legs, torsos, weapons, armor—everything, belonging to someone I didn't even know. They were still moving and twitching, like freshly caught seafood. It was like a fresh human body market. Looks delicious.



"It seems to have been a particularly nasty Mimic. If we report this, we might get an extra reward from the Meteor Lake union."



"Reward!? As expected of Gevaudan-san! You're so reliable!"



Susu's words made Kyo happily dance around.



Meanwhile, Faye diligently gathered the scattered body parts, offering prayers for each one. The way she buried those unknown corpses with her bare hands with not a hint of disgust, was pretty impressive.



"These victims were all famous adventurers. They span various ages, and there are even some from quite ancient times."



"Even a little girl like her?"



When Susu asked, Faye shook her head.



"No, that girl was very recent... probably from Earth. I couldn't understand her language. Seems she got eaten right in front of her parents."



"I see. Even if she's on the enemy's side, this is just too much..."



Kyo also started picking up body parts to help Faye.



In the midst of the lingering aftermath, Yakumo came up to me with his usual weirdness.



"Yakumo? Is something wrong?"



Thinking it might be another one of his strange moves, I kept a close eye on him. But, he casually crouched down and, out of the blue, popped something into his mouth.



"――"



Feeling breathlessness, discomfort, and a strong sense of revulsion, a shock surged through my entire body, squeezing the air out of my lungs.



I quickly picked up Yakumo.



His cheek puffed up. No doubt about it.



I saw it.




The moment Yakumo put the eyeball left by the Mimic into his mouth!




"No, no! Spit! Spit!"




I shook him hard while still holding him up.



However, Yakumo remained with his cheek puffed up...



The determined look in his eyes told me he wasn't backing down, that strong craving for putting strange things in the mouth that small kids usually have.



"No, no, spit it out! How could you put something like that in your mouth!?"



In my panic, I shook him more forcefully. That was a mistake.



*Gulp*! A sound came from his throat, and Yakumo's cheek deflated...



"NOOOOOOOO!?!!"



"What, what happened? What's wrong?"



"What happened?"




My desperate cry grabbed everyone's attention.



"......"



The first aid technique that came to mind was the Heimlich maneuver. That's the one where you grab someone from behind and squeeze hard. But that's for dislodging something stuck in the throat. Yakumo had completely swallowed it. To induce vomiting for something that goes into the stomach, you have to stick your fingers down the back of the throat.




Might seem a bit extreme, but no other choice. Let's do it.



When I lowered him to the ground to pry open his mouth. He took advantage of the opportunity.



A mad dash.



He zoomed into the Yakky and locked it from the inside. Click.




"What, you...?"




Fast... you do that? 




I was impressed, but that's not the point now.




Can't unlock the car from outside. Keys are on the driver's seat. I'm screwed.



The only way is to smash Yakky's door. ......



We stare at each other through the window.



"You're all reared up! If you don't like it, spit it out! I'll help you!"




However, he sniffled. With teary eyes, he wouldn't open the door.




"Gevaudan-san? Is something wrong with Yakumo-san?"



Kyo looked at Yakumo and me alternately, her expression filled with doubt. Since I was speaking to Yakumo in Earth language, they had no clue what happened.




 ――.



 ――――.



 ――――――Well, whatever.



 Eyeballs are usually edible.





I'm kinda curious because it's quite rare, but trying it once or twice should be okay. Just because it's cooked doesn't mean it won't mess you up. Faye mentioned earlier that the mimic preserves freshness, which is handy. Not worth wrecking Yakky's door just to make him spit it out. I guess I'm being a bit too dramatic, even for me. Yeah. It's not like I don't wanna mess up the car or anything, it's about being practical. Do I wreck the car door, making him face magical beasts every night? Or leaving something in his stomach that is safe for him to eat and worrying about food poisoning? No argument about what's more crucial for his survival!



"Not, thing"




"?"



I won't tell Kyo.



If I did, she'd undoubtedly tell me to break the door. She wouldn't understand the value of this smooth shining steel door. Oh well.



"Go, let's"



I waited for Faye's prayer to finish and then pulled Yakky along as we set off.



Yakumo didn't get out of the car until nightfall.





prev   TOC   next




If you like the translation, please consider sending me some ko-if.

I truly appreciate any support you can give.

   

What do you think?

Please refrain from posting/asking for spoilers, thanks!

1 Comments

  1. Eating an eyeball... Yakumo is so mysterious

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post