Butcher Demon Chapter 337

size :  

                                                                                                

G'zOpen

Butcher Demon Chapter 337 Ancestors (1) 



prev   TOC   next






In the end, we couldn't find a way to get Faye and the others into the town right away. They'll need to stay in the refugee camp outside the city for a while.




During that time, we discussed the idea of making do with what we've got for them, but let's be real, we're broke.



I don't have a single coin, and Tiriel is almost empty-handed. Kyo has some money, but if the three of us use it, it'll be gone in a few days. At this rate, the three of us will dry up in no time. So, we needed to earn our keep.



For the time being, we ended up staying in a cheap inn Master Forkulin told us about and started looking for work.



"......"



"W-well... it's just a matter of being patient for a few days. Ahaha..."



Tiriel is speechless. Kyo smiles bitterly.



The place we were directed to was a rundown shack in the lower part of the town. The wind whistled through the gaps. The people of different races, both men and women with shabby appearances ogling at us impolitely as they passed. For me, it was a somewhat nostalgic atmosphere.




"Nice."



"Not nice at all, this shabby place ......."



Tiriel, looking dejected, and me, patting her on the shoulder to console her.



And so, life in the fast lane kicks off.



In order to earn some immediate funds, Kyo and Tiriel worked hard to come up with ways to make money every day.



Kyo is in a weak position as a low-ranking adventurer, and Tiriel is just a student who stopped by for sightseeing. There seemed to be no work for them that paid well, so our hand-to-mouth existence continued for several days.



On the other hand, I left the work to them and just sat around in the shack.




Just lying around without doing anything, I wonder how long it's been. At night, I join in the meals they bring and have sex, then sleep. The next day, I laze around until noon...



――And so, Here I am, unexpectedly living the freeloader life.



Because I'm still not proficient in the language and, due to my personality, would surely cause trouble (murdering), they forbid me from acting alone. They instructed me to keep quiet until I acclimated to life in Meteor Lake. Well, can't argue with that. I spent my days familiarizing myself with the norms of Mifosis through volunteer activities like checking on the refugee camp during the day, checking on the Yakumo, hunting in the nearby forest, grilling meat, and preparing simple dishes at the camp.



On a later day, according to the story brought by Susu, buying land and starting a business like Rattler mentioned is not a bad idea.



So, we believed in his words and set the goal of purchasing land for the time being.



But dealing with real estate is... I have no sense of the market whatsoever. Ultimately, I had to rely on them to investigate the local market.



Every night, I welcomed the tired girls returning to the shack with homemade meals and sex. I've become quite a diligent butcher househusband.



I've also been paying attention to Kyo's problem. I faced an unfortunate event in a shack while enjoying creampie-ing her two days in a row. Since then, I'm sure of it——this girl is real trouble.



I'm fine because I have a sturdy body——but. I start worrying I'll end up getting smacked by a meteor if I got too cocky. Let's at least make it every other day. If I give time to cool off, I think I can get away with it. Every day seems too much. I decided to have Tiriel and Kyo take turns dealing with me.



So, while running around during the day working hard to the point of exhaustion, and being forced to have wild sex with me until lost consciousness at night, the info we dug up paints a grim picture. Even with a cramped spot, we'd need at least a million Eld for all the refugees to have a decent place.



By the way, Eld is the currency of Mifosis. They use a coin called Electrum, and its unit is Eld.



It seems the general wage is about 100 Eld a day, so approximately 3,000 Eld per month. The annual income is about 40,000 Eld.



So, if we put all our work money together for about 20 years, we'd have a million Elds, and then we could buy some land.



――Impossible task.



That half-fishman, Rattler, or whatever his name was. How dare he give us hope with a crazy plan. Refugees don't roll with that kind of cash. Damn it.



One idea that came up was to rely on Susu, who seemed to have plenty of money, but it was dismissed. Begging for that much money just didn't make sense. Maybe there was also a maiden's heart in them that didn't want to be seen as despicable by the prince.



"Sigh... What should we do?"



"I'm starting to think it might be quicker to find Feymbaum first and ask Orlando-san for help..."



We're already at a dead end.



 During those days of limbo, I suddenly remembered the Yakumo issue that had been put on hold.



One of my major goals now is his long-neglected health issue. Luckily, I got some free time.



When I consulted the two about it, they told me to take him to a doctor for an examination first. So, I took Yakumo from the refugee camp and headed to a doctor in the city.



"This child might be sick! Please, please help us, it's a matter of life and death!"



"Oh, oh ... sounds serious."



Tiriel, holding Yakumo, gave a compelling performance. Even the gatekeeper was taken aback.



"Hey, are you okay?"



Yakumo just glared at him.



"Hey, boy! Answer me! Th-this seriously looks serious... his eye is unfocused! Hurry, take him to the doctor! I'll smooth things over regarding the subhuman matter!"




Nailed the infiltration. He stayed silent as usual, but somehow conveniently got the guard to interpret everything as we wanted. Being a kid is a strong perk.



"The gatekeeper is a nice person, isn't he?"



"It's not like the town will be instantly purge if subhumans are allowed in. They can be a bit more flexible in dealing with it."



And so, we took Yakumo and went to inquire with the doctor Kyo usually sees in the western district.



"A disease that gives you a third eye...?"


When we explained the symptoms after taking off Yakumo's Major League cap, we received a skeptical look. Of course, who would believe such an illness exists?


By the way, the attending physician is a female doctor. She speaks relatively coolly. Why does a female doctor's leg crossing make things a bit thrilling beyond the framework of the world?


"This child seems like a changeling, does that have something to do with it?"


Tiriel asked.


――Changeling...?


I couldn't believe my ears.


Yakumo, a changeling? What? Never heard of it.


"Yakumo, changeling?"


"——.....Ee!?"


Tiriel, who was momentarily surprised and stiffened, quickly gave up and explained.


"So Gevaudan didn't know... well, I guess. I'm pretty sure he did."


"Tiriel, know?"


"Yes. Elves naturally possess that kind of sense."


Hmm... now that I think about it, Gofrat, the corpse scavenger, brought up something like that before. Elves are able to see magic and skills or whatever.



"Changeling, huh..."



The female doctor, after checking out Yakumo's third eye, crossed her legs again and got into thinking mode. Yeah, it's a miniskirt, but I can't see it. Even with my butcher night vision, I can't see it. What's hiding in that darkness? It's a mystery.



"Before, folks from Highland Zephyr were tossing around the idea that it might be Kudan. What do you think?"



"Kudan?"


Kudan is said to be a race that leaves a prophecy immediately after birth and dies. Details are not known. Since they die immediately, there's no way to study them. Kyo told me that from the side.



"There are few reported cases, so it's hard to say... But I've never heard of Kudan having three eyes," said the doctor.



"That man was talking about what would happen if Kudan grew up without making a prophecy, but is that even possible?"



"Highland Zephyr, is that a Destroyer squad led by Papameyan?"



"Yes."



"I see... it might be too hasty to dismiss it as an impossibility."



The doctor took a sip of her drink and sighed deeply.



"Phew... do you know about ancient species?"


"Ancient species? Are you talking about the Giant, the race that existed in Mifosis before our ancestors were born?"


Tiriel answered.



"That's one of them. Do you know how the strength of Giants is determined?"



"Yes. It's... supposed to be determined by the number of eyes."



"The famous <Argos the Hundred Eyes>."



When Kyo chimed in, the female doctor nodded.



"Giants are simply stronger the more eyes they have. The most powerful of them, Argos, is said to be sealed in the great dungeon Tartarus, but that's not limited to Giants alone."



"What do you mean?"



"The races of Mifosis..."



After a brief pause, the female doctor continued.



"The further you go back in time, the more body parts they have!"



"Yes...?"



With a sort of Do~yaa! and a triumphant revelation from the lady doctor, Tiriel was left a bit puzzled, tilting her head in confusion.





prev   TOC   next





If you like the translation, please consider sending me some ko-if.

I truly appreciate any support you can give.

   

What do you think?

Please refrain from posting/asking for spoilers, thanks!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post