Butcher Demon Chapter 338

size :  

                                                                                                 

G'zOpen

Butcher Demon Chapter 338 Ancestors (2) 



prev   TOC   next







"It might seem far-fetched, but apparently they really did. They said Falshidar also had a lot of fingers, didn't he? That he could seize the light with his twelve fingers."



"That's, well..."



"The golden-furred revived fox-spirit Dakki was also exactly like the title said. Has Nine tails. Exmut also had six wings, There were exceptions, of course, but that was generally the rule."



"Why, fewer?"



When I asked, the lady doctor let out a soft sigh, resting her chin on her hand.



"Maybe they came to a realization?"



"What, realized?"



"――Like...hey, we don't really need this many eyes or arms, do we? Something like that."




With a shrug, she raised both her hands light-heartily.



"In fact, too many would be a hindrance. And In the process of optimization, we've reached where we are now..."



"No, excess."



"Hahaha. But truth be told, the real reason lies in the darkness of history."



"Records, no?"



"Hmm..."



The lady doctor seemed a bit hesitant in response to my question.



"Mifosis doesn't have many records of the old time. It is said that the demon god Aides burned all the books and documents back then."



"Why, would?"



"Who can say? But what I heard was Aides was a malevolent deity who sought to wipe out all terrestrial life on the surface in the distant past. He turned against the other three, and as a result, he was torn apart and banished from this world. At that time, something――"



"That's a lie!"



Suddenly, Kyo raised her voice.



She was trembling, clenching her fists.




"Aides-sama would never do such a thing! Aides-sama is... Aides-sama is... our guide who wishes for us to live happily and free..."




"Ah... sorry, Kyo. It's just a tale that was passed down. I had no intention of disrespecting your god. Here, here."



"Fuuugu.*"




Embracing the teary-eyed Kyo against her big breasts, the doctor soothed her with gentle pats on her head. I want to request something from her as well, though I kept it to myself.



"Anyway, back to the topic."



After calming Kyo down, the doctor turned her chair towards Yakumo.



"As for him, this is just my guess, but... perhaps he's experiencing some form of atavism."




"Yakumo, a-tavism?"




"An atavistic inheritance, a case where certain characteristics may manifest as one ages――Though I must admit, I've never encountered a case where one sprouts additional eyes."



Saying so, the cool doctor readjusted her sittings.



She reminded me of Abigail in a way, a woman of intellect and beauty――but there was one thing I couldn't accept――she only had one eye――



 I was shocked at first. A large eyeball in the center of her face. A cyclops. She had a stare power that rivaled Yakumo's third eye. When I met her eye, she blinked more frequently.



"Doc, think. Final form."



"Is it because I only have one eye? Pfft. Well, according to the earlier narrative, that might be the case. But unfortunately, one could also say that my race hasn't evolved much since ancient times."



"?"



"Shiaban, the one-legged of the Cyclops clan. So we can't really say that we evolved much. If anything, our bodies shrank."



"Leg, have. Two."



"Leg of Shiaban is considered a mark of honor. They were giants who played a significant role in the ancient wars... Going off-topic here, but the giants are said to be immortal. So, even now, some Shiabans may still live in some dungeon, trapped there, according to the rumors among my clan... Anyway, enough of that. Since we're here, let's at least do a health check on Yakumo-kun."



She said that and started to examine Yakumo, taking off his clothes.



"So, Yakumo, what, actually?"



"Hmm..."



When I asked Tiriel next to me, she frowned and pursed her lips. Kyo had a similar reaction. We were all at a loss.



As we tilted our heads, the doctor who was examining Yakumo called out to us.



"――By the way, you guys. You said that the problem was Yakumo-kun's eyes increasing to three, right?"



"Ah, yes."



"Not four?"



"""Wha?"""



Our voices overlapped.



We hurriedly leaned over.



"Look."



The doctor lady pointed to Yakumo's shoulder, where there was a glaring eyeball.



――It increased...



I lost my balance and braced myself against the floor.



This can't be... You're joking, right!?



"Kyo."



"I, I didn't see it! It wasn't there until the other day, I swear! I wiped Yakumo-san's body!"



"Eeeeh~~...――Ew, it moves!? It's not just a decoration, is it..."



Tiriel held her finger over the fourth eyeball that appeared on Yakumo's shoulder and it moved. The fourth eye followed her finger closely. When she brought her finger closer, it closed its eyelid cutely like a pet, which was a bit jarring.



The doctor sighed as she watched us panicking, then said.




"――Following from what we left off, if we consider that our evolution was a result of neoteny, then perhaps this ancient species was among the ones that increased their traits as they matured."




"Then."



"His eyes might continue to increase...?"



I felt dizzy at the thought of Yakumo being covered with eyes.



I was at a loss as to how to explain this to Natsuki. I was already feeling hopeless, like whatever happens, happens. Butcher, I give up.



"By the way, this is just me talking to the wind here, but if this kid is a changeling and has faint magic power, then that means he is a child from that "other" world. Well, let's pretend I didn't notice that. But, you guys. You better not spread the word about changelings, you get me?"



At the sharp remark, the three of us gasped.



I see. So, a Changeling with even a faint magical power essentially means an Earthling. The Changelings of Mifosis are called Subhumans because they don't possess any magical power.



What a kind doctor. I want to get closer to her.



"More, want talk. Doctor, night, meal?"



"Oh my. Am I being wooed? Sure, in fact, I'd like to ask you out also."



Eh, is it really!?



"As for my reason――"



The doctor lady shuddered and then brought her face close to mine. That gaze...




"You, a butcher capable of conversation, are far more intriguing. Yes. I'd love to have a deep conversation with you on the "bed". How does tonight sound?"




It was only for a moment, but I didn't miss the malice mixed in the smile of the doctor who peered into my face.



Probably, the bed she's talking about isn't the fluffy one. It must be the hard operating table. I looked away. The doctor was the type of person I shouldn't get involved with. I curse my own lust.




"――Anyway, Yakumo-kun appears to be in good health, but his body is just like a young boy. As a doctor, I recommend providing him with a more comfortable living environment rather than having him sleep outdoors at the town entrance."




Indeed. I was also concerned about having him camp out for several nights.



Hmm... Isn't there a way to let Yakumo live in the town? If I bribe the gatekeeper, he might turn a blind eye. But I don't even have the money to bribe.



Even in another world, having no money is the same as having no neck. It's a tough world.




prev   TOC   next





If you like the translation, please consider sending me some ko-if.

I truly appreciate any support you can give.

   

What do you think?

Please refrain from posting/asking for spoilers, thanks!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post